GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) as EU regulation sets new requirements in the field of personal data protection. New Act on personal data protection has come into force on 25 May 2018, while up to this day, all concerned entities had to review and harmonize the information systems and procedures regarding personal data. Sanctions and fines for non-compliance with required obligations can reach the amount of 4% of the company´s total turnover or 20 million EUR.
Do you have any doubts whether GDPR regulation applies on you? In general, new Act on personal data protection applies on everyone who collects and processes personal data. Regulation applies on companies, institutions, individuals – employees, customers, clients and suppliers in all sectors (e.g. bank institutions and insurance companies, health care sector, public administration, e-shops, manufacture and services).
If you are despite above-mentioned not sure if GDPR regulation applies on you, do not hesitate to contact us and we will gladly offer you free assessment of your GDPR obligation and propose ideal possibilities for solutions.
In relation to the personal data protection, our lawyers provide clients with the following legal services:
- analysis of the state of processing personal data
- analysis of existing documentation on personal data protection
- analysis of existing consents with personal data processing
- identifying of your obligations arising from the Act on personal data protection
- preparation of complex GDPR legal documentation regarding the personal data protection (guidance for entitled persons and ensuring the information obligations against concerned persons, consent with personal data processing or requesting the consent with personal data processing, preparation of contracts between controller and processor, etc.)
- representation by the attorney-at-law during controls and proceedings before the Office for personal data protection of the Slovak republic
Our lawyers in Bratislava, Slovakia are at your disposal …